The unveiling of the new Homebuilder grant package from The Federal Government, has given more people the added incentive to begin their renovations or start building their new homes. One of the biggest tick items in renovations or new home builds is a new roof, and this new grant is the perfect incentive to put towards a new roof which will last you decades.
Here’s what you need to know to be eligible for the $25,000 grant and how you can put this towards a beautiful new roof for your Tweed Heads home!
What is the new HomeBuilder government grant?
The Government has put forward the HomeBuilder grant as a way to boost work for the construction industry and kickstart the economy. The grant is aimed at giving the construction industry and its workers employment during this challenging time. For one single home build, many different trades will be needed.
These can include:
Builders, Carpenters, Bricklayers, Plumbers, Painters, Electricians, Roof tilers, Drywallers, Plasterers and more.
Who is eligible for the HomeBuilder grant?
Unlike other grants which have previously catered to first home buyers, this grant is available for both first home buyers and existing homeowners.
To qualify for the HomeBuilder grant, you must be eligible for these criteria:
- The cost must be at least $150,000 – $750,000 on home renovations.
- The value of the property must not exceed $1.5 million.
- For new builds, the value of the property must not exceed $750,000.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- Only Australian citizens can apply. (Companies and trusts are not allowed)
- The construction must start within three months of the building contract date.
- You have to apply and begin renovations for the HomeBuilder scheme between 4 June 2020 to 31 December 2020.
- The construction must be on your principal place of residence, which means, unfortunately, swimming pools, tennis courts, granny flats, outdoor spas, and garages are not eligible.
- Unfortunately, property investors and owner builders are not eligible.
How much can I earn to be eligible?
If you’re a single person your wage must not be over $125,000 based on your 2018/19 tax return.
If you’re part of a couple you must have a combined income of no more than $200,000 based on both of your 2018/2019 tax returns.
What kind of renovations can I do with my HomeBuilder grant?
The beauty of this grant is as long as you meet the criteria checklist and your renovations are within the $150,00 to $750,000 price range you have the flexibility to do multiple different types of renovations. You could add a new roof, build a new story to your home, re-do the landscaping and decks, or renovate your kitchen and bathroom – the opportunities are endless.
Having flexibility means you can renovate or build with the best options of roofing available.
What type of roofing products can I choose with my homebuilder grant?
As an industry leader, Ron Nickel Roofing uses and supplies only the highest quality materials for Gold Coast Roofing.
Some roofing products available are:
- Colorbond and Zincalume Metal Sheeting
- All Roof Profiles
- All Wall Cladding and Associated Trims
- Colorbond Metal Downpipes and Accessories
- Colorbond Metal Fascia and Accessories
- Colorbond Metal Gutter and Accessories
- Colorbond Flashings Custom Made
- Insulated Roof Panels – ideal for DIY Patios and Extensions
- Polycarbonate and Fibreglass Sheeting and Accessories
- Metal Battens, Purlins and Steel Girts
- Skylights, Roof Ventilators and Insulation
- Gutter Guard
- All Screws and Rivets to comply with Australian standards
- General Sundry Items and Accessories
If you’ve been thinking of doing a renovation or been in the market to build a new home, now might just be the perfect time to start. With the new HomeBuilder grant, there’s no reason to delay.
It’s the perfect time to replace your roof for your renovation or new home build! Check out our range of different types of roofing options and colours that can all enhance any home design or renovation project.